12th senior level course on peacebuilding – VIRTUAL EDITION
The course emphasises collaborative and inspirational leadership methods. It is interactive, building on participants’ specific knowledge and experience. Plenary and work group discussions include conceptual input and experiential learning methods. Case studies focus on specific leadership issues in peacebuilding. With experienced leaders acting as mentors, participants are encouraged to address their own leadership challenges and develop problemsolving strategies that are immediately applicable in their work environment.
Seminar modules include:
• sustainable peacebuilding
• gender and leadership
• collaborative challenges for peacebuilding
• leadership for peacebuilding
• applied leadership
Who should attend
The course targets current and potential leaders actively engaged in peacebuilding challenges, most notably representatives of:
• international organisations, including UN, AU, OAS, ASEAN, EU and the League of Arab States
• national institutions, including government, ministries, commissions and the security sector
• civil society, including traditional and religious leaders, NGOs, INGOs, trade unions, media, business, professional associations and women’s groups
Participation is limited to 24, based on a competitive selection process, and is gender balanced. Full attendance is required.
The course is sponsored by the Government of Switzerland, so it is offered free of charge to selected participants.