How to Apply: Download this application form and send it completed with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: “Application Regional EAC 2019″
Effective Advising in Peacebuilding Contexts (Regional Edition)
National and international experts/advisers are often mandated to provide assistance and guidance on policy formulation and implementation in countries emerging from dynamics of violence and polarization.
Objective of the course
This course seeks to better equip advisers by honing essential analytical, advisory and interactional skills. It offers frameworks and guidance on how to understand and navigate the broader institutional environment, and change processes they find themselves in. It also creates a space for exchange and learning on the practice of advising from resource people and between participants.
Who should attend
This course is relevant for you if you:
• Are an international or national expert, working in or on the Middle East & North Africa Region, civilian or uniformed;
• Have a job wherein advising in any domain is a major focus;
• You provide advice to governmental or civil society entities, national or international;
• Are working with or for national public-sector entities;
• Already have experience, and are currently deployed or about to be redeployed/reassigned such role;
• Have a strong command of the English language.
There is no course fee. Residential expenses of food and accommodation will be covered only for the course period. Participants are responsible for their travel to and from the course venue and visa application fees. Health insurance that covers Jordan is strongly advised.
This course is commissioned by the Human Security Division of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.